Woman struck by car in North Philadelphia dies
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has died from her injuries after getting struck by a car in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:50 Friday evening in the eastbound lanes of Girard Avenue near 7th Street.
Police say 54-year-old Sheila Morgan-Hailey was running across Girard Avenue in an attempt to catch a trolley when she was hit by a 1996 Black Volkswagen.
The victim was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital in critical condition and later succumbed to her injuries.
Authorities say the driver did stop at the scene.
An investigation is ongoing.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 58 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 14 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire