18-year-old killed while crossing Kirkwood Highway
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - November 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- State police say an 18-year-old man died after he was struck by two cars while crossing Kirkwood Highway in Wilmington.
Police say 18-year-old Nigel Simon of Newark was crossing the eastbound lanes when he was hit by a minivan.
The impact sent him into the westbound lanes, where he was hit again, this time by a pickup truck.
Simon died at the scene.
No one inside the two vehicles was injured.
Police say there was no crosswalk where Simon crossed the road, which was about 250 feet from the nearest intersection.
Authorities say the driver did remain at the scene.
Westbound lanes were closed and eastbound traffic was reduced to one lane as police investigated.
delaware news, new castle county news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 51 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos