18-year-old killed while crossing Kirkwood Highway
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - November 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- State police say an 18-year-old man died after he was struck by two cars while crossing Kirkwood Highway in Wilmington.
Police say 18-year-old Nigel Simon of Newark was crossing the eastbound lanes when he was hit by a minivan.
The impact sent him into the westbound lanes, where he was hit again, this time by a pickup truck.
Simon died at the scene.
No one inside the two vehicles was injured.
Police say there was no crosswalk where Simon crossed the road, which was about 250 feet from the nearest intersection.
Authorities say the driver did remain at the scene.
Westbound lanes were closed and eastbound traffic was reduced to one lane as police investigated.
delaware news, new castle county news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 10 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
8 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
10 min ago