3 injured in Cherry Hill apartment fire
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - November 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people suffered smoke inhalation after fire tore through an apartment in a Cherry Hill high-rise late Friday night.
Fire broke out at the Barclay Towers Apartments in the 1200 block of Route 70.
Dozens of residents were evacuated from the building as firefighters battled the blaze which appeared to have started in an apartment on the 9th floor.
Officials say most of the damage was contained to one apartment with water damage to at least one other apartment below the fire on the 8th floor.
Two residents were transported to Virtua Hospital with smoke inhalation. They are listed in stable condition.
A maintenance worker was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, but did not go to the hospital.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, cherry hill news, new jersey news, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 23 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 19 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 21 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
8 min ago