Dog alerts Berks County couple to house on fire
KUTZTOWN, Pa. - November 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A dog is being hailed a hero after apparently saving two people from a burning home in Berks County.
The flames ignited along the 100 block of Wentz Street in Kutztown early Saturday morning.
The dog began barking which woke up a man and a woman who were sleeping inside.
The couple was injured but they made it out alive and are expected to fully recover.
Unfortunately though, officials believe the dog died in the blaze along with a cat.
Investigators believe unattended cooking was the source of the fire.
pennsylvania news, berks county news, kutztown, fire, animals, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 55 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 42 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 1 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
55 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos