Dog alerts Berks County couple to house on fire

Saturday, November 09, 2013

A dog is being hailed a hero after apparently saving two people from a burning home in Berks County.

The flames ignited along the 100 block of Wentz Street in Kutztown early Saturday morning.

The dog began barking which woke up a man and a woman who were sleeping inside.

The couple was injured but they made it out alive and are expected to fully recover.

Unfortunately though, officials believe the dog died in the blaze along with a cat.

Investigators believe unattended cooking was the source of the fire.

(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Local/State »

pennsylvania news, berks county news, kutztown, fire, animals, local/state
blog comments powered by Disqus