Dog alerts Berks County couple to house on fire
KUTZTOWN, Pa. - November 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A dog is being hailed a hero after apparently saving two people from a burning home in Berks County.
The flames ignited along the 100 block of Wentz Street in Kutztown early Saturday morning.
The dog began barking which woke up a man and a woman who were sleeping inside.
The couple was injured but they made it out alive and are expected to fully recover.
Unfortunately though, officials believe the dog died in the blaze along with a cat.
Investigators believe unattended cooking was the source of the fire.
pennsylvania news, berks county news, kutztown, fire, animals, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 11 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos