Police officer injured in Reading house fire
READING, Pa. - November 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Reading police officer was badly burned when his house caught on fire Sunday night.
The fire was reported at 8:10 p.m. on the 600 block of South 18th Street.
WFMZ reports that the officer was transported to Lehigh Valley Hospital for treatment of burns he sustained while attempting to extinguish the fire. His injuries, however, are said to be non-life threatening injuries.
It took fire crews approximately twenty minutes to gain control of the blaze. The Reading Fire Deputy Chief said the fire caused about $65,000 worth of damage.
The fire was ruled accidental, was caused by a faulty heater.
berks county news, pennsylvania news, reading news, police, fire, local/state
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 37 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 17 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 33 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 35 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 31 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures