Vince Fumo hospitalized for internal bleeding, sources say
PHILADELPHIA - November 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned former State Senator Vince Fumo has been hospitalized after suffering from internal bleeding.
According to sources, Fumo recently underwent a prostate biopsy, which could be related to the bleeding.
He was transported to Hahnemann University Hospital Monday afternoon.
The 70-year-old Fumo was convicted in 2009 for stealing more than four million dollars from the state of Pennsylvania and two nonprofit groups.
He spent four years behind bars on corruption charges before returning to his Philadelphia home in August for finish his sentence.
Fumo's sentence is up in February.
vince fumo, philadelphia news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases