2 Upper Darby cops reinstated after assault accusation
UPPER DARBY TWP., Pa. - November 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two Upper Darby police officers, who were terminated following accusations of assault, will be reinstated.
An arbitration panel has ruled that officers Michael Givens, 39, and Ryan Wisely, 32, can return to work on Wednesday.
Both are being reinstated without back pay.
The pair were terminated for "violating township procedures" back in July following the alleged assault of a juvenile.
The incident reportedly happened in the cell block area in June and was caught on video, though that video has not been released.
The incident in question apparently happened after three juveniles had been arrested for shoplifting.
A source told Action News back in late June that one of the juveniles was assaulted while handcuffed.
The Delaware County District Attorney's office continues to investigate the matter.
Givens was an eight year veteran of the department and Wiseley was a seven year veteran.
pennsylvania news, upper darby, delaware county news, police, assault, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 6 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 22 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos