3 arrested in string of South Philadelphia robberies
PHILADELPHIA - Novermber 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people have been arrested in connection with a string of robberies in South Philadelphia.
The suspects, two men and a woman, were arrested last week.
According to police, 19-year-old Nicholas Pompeii was arrested in the 1700 block of South Chadwick Street on November 5th.
Then, as officers surveyed the area, they spotted 28-year-old Sophorn Ouch sitting in front of her home on South Bancroft Street. Officers recognized her as one of the suspects and took her into custody.
Police say the final suspect, 20-year-old Kennan Gentry, was arrested on November 6th thanks to several anonymous tips.
Investigators believe the suspects struck on October 17th, 19th and 22nd. They were concerned because the robberies were becoming increasingly violent.
All three are charged with robbery and related offenses.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, robbery, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos