3 arrested in string of South Philadelphia robberies
PHILADELPHIA - Novermber 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people have been arrested in connection with a string of robberies in South Philadelphia.
The suspects, two men and a woman, were arrested last week.
According to police, 19-year-old Nicholas Pompeii was arrested in the 1700 block of South Chadwick Street on November 5th.
Then, as officers surveyed the area, they spotted 28-year-old Sophorn Ouch sitting in front of her home on South Bancroft Street. Officers recognized her as one of the suspects and took her into custody.
Police say the final suspect, 20-year-old Kennan Gentry, was arrested on November 6th thanks to several anonymous tips.
Investigators believe the suspects struck on October 17th, 19th and 22nd. They were concerned because the robberies were becoming increasingly violent.
All three are charged with robbery and related offenses.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, robbery, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 1 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 34 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 57 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos