Suspect sought in West Philadelphia robbery
WEST PHILADELPHIA - November 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released surveillance images of a man who allegedly robbed a woman in West Philadelphia.
It happened just before noon on October 14th.
Police say the 29-year-old victim was walking on Hazel Avenue when a man with a gun came up from behind and demanded money.
After the victim gave up her cash, the suspect then grabbed the woman and tried to drag her into an alley.
She was able to get away.
The suspect was described as a black male, 18-20 years old, 5'8"-5'10" tall, thin build, short hair, wearing a red t-shirt, dark colored pants, white sneakers and armed with a handgun.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, west philadelphia news, robbery, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 55 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 47 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 51 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 40 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
42 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
57 min ago