Gunfire erupts inside hair salon in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say gunfire erupted inside a North Philadelphia hair salon Tuesday night.
The incident occurred around 7:00 p.m. at the Crystal Palace Unisex Salon in the 1400 block of West Girard Avenue.
Several customers scrambled for safety after a shot was fired inside the shop, police say.
Officers responded and launched an investigation. Police tell Action News no witnesses came forward.
One person was taken from the salon in handcuffs. There was no immediate word on whether charges would be filed.
No injuries were reported.
shooting, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 1 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 1 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 5 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 30 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad