Police investigate car, school bus crash in Winslow Twp.
WINSLOW TWP., N.J. - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the crash between a school bus and a car on Wednesday morning in Winslow Township, Camden County.
The crash happened around 8:00 a.m. on Route 73 at Cooper Folly Road.
Police say that, for an unknown reason, the bus crossed the center line, jumped the curb, then struck a utility pole on Cooper Folly Road.
The bus then drove onto Route 73 where it crashed with a car.
The bus driver, identified as 61-year-old Patricia Mebs of Sicklerville, was not injured.
The driver of the car suffered a broken wrist.
There were no children on the bus at the time.
Southbound Route 73 was completely blocked at the scene for several hours.
Investigators say they do not know why the bus driver lost control.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to contact Ptlm. Michael Barry at 609-561-3300 of the Winslow Township Police Department.
accident, school bus, new jersey news, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police