Police investigate car, school bus crash in Winslow Twp.
WINSLOW TWP., N.J. - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the crash between a school bus and a car on Wednesday morning in Winslow Township, Camden County.
The crash happened around 8:00 a.m. on Route 73 at Cooper Folly Road.
Police say that, for an unknown reason, the bus crossed the center line, jumped the curb, then struck a utility pole on Cooper Folly Road.
The bus then drove onto Route 73 where it crashed with a car.
The bus driver, identified as 61-year-old Patricia Mebs of Sicklerville, was not injured.
The driver of the car suffered a broken wrist.
There were no children on the bus at the time.
Southbound Route 73 was completely blocked at the scene for several hours.
Investigators say they do not know why the bus driver lost control.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to contact Ptlm. Michael Barry at 609-561-3300 of the Winslow Township Police Department.
accident, school bus, new jersey news, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 56 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 37 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
37 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
56 min ago