Woman burned in assault at Rhawnhurst home
RHAWNHURST - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman is recovering from burns after police say she was assaulted in a home in Rhawnhurst.
It happened at 12:48 a.m. Wednesday in the 8100 block of Large Street.
Officers arrived to find a 39-year-old woman with burns on her leg.
Medics took her to Temple University Hospital in stable condition to be treated for first- and second-degree burns.
Police were questioning someone in connection with the incident.
Action News is told investigators expect to make an arrest soon in the case.
philadelphia news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ