Student charged in shootings near Pittsburgh high school
PITTSBURGH - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pittsburgh police have charged a 16-year-old student with shooting three others outside a school in retaliation for beating him in a drug-related robbery inside the school last month.
Anjohnito Willett Jr. awaited arraignment late Wednesday on four counts each of attempted homicide, aggravated assault and reckless endangerment. He's also charged with illegally possessing a gun as a juvenile.
Police Lt. Kevin Kraus says Willett wounded three students and shot at a fourth as they were headed to a car to drive home from classes at Brashear High School on Wednesday afternoon.
Kraus says school police investigated the Oct. 18 robbery but couldn't file charges because Willett wouldn't identify his attackers, telling police he wished to settle matters himself.
Willett was in custody and it wasn't clear whether he has an attorney.
pittsburgh, pennsylvania news, school, school shooting, shooting, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 10 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 36 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 1 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue 38 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 9 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City...
38 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
10 min ago