Husband charged with killing wife in Cinnaminson
CINNAMINSON, N.J. - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been charged with killing his wife in what appears to be a failed murder-suicide attempt in Cinnaminson, New Jersey.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office said William Coggins, 83, of 820 Westfield Drive, has been charged with murder in the death of Laura Coggins, 81.
The motive behind the killing has not been disclosed.
Police were called to the couple's home just after 11 a.m. on November 4th by the brother of William Coggins.
Investigators say the brother came to the home after William Coggins called him.
Once there, police found Laura Coggins with multiple stab wounds.
William Coggins was found with stab wounds to his torso and lacerations on his arm, which police say were self-inflicted. Two knives were recovered inside the home, police said.
Bail was set at $500,000 and the court has ordered a psychiatric evaluation as a condition of bail.
new jersey news, burlington county news, homicide, stabbing, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 6 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 39 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real...
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos