Husband charged with killing wife in Cinnaminson
CINNAMINSON, N.J. - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been charged with killing his wife in what appears to be a failed murder-suicide attempt in Cinnaminson, New Jersey.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office said William Coggins, 83, of 820 Westfield Drive, has been charged with murder in the death of Laura Coggins, 81.
The motive behind the killing has not been disclosed.
Police were called to the couple's home just after 11 a.m. on November 4th by the brother of William Coggins.
Investigators say the brother came to the home after William Coggins called him.
Once there, police found Laura Coggins with multiple stab wounds.
William Coggins was found with stab wounds to his torso and lacerations on his arm, which police say were self-inflicted. Two knives were recovered inside the home, police said.
Bail was set at $500,000 and the court has ordered a psychiatric evaluation as a condition of bail.
new jersey news, burlington county news, homicide, stabbing, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 3 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 5 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos