Husband charged with killing wife in Cinnaminson
CINNAMINSON, N.J. - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been charged with killing his wife in what appears to be a failed murder-suicide attempt in Cinnaminson, New Jersey.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office said William Coggins, 83, of 820 Westfield Drive, has been charged with murder in the death of Laura Coggins, 81.
The motive behind the killing has not been disclosed.
Police were called to the couple's home just after 11 a.m. on November 4th by the brother of William Coggins.
Investigators say the brother came to the home after William Coggins called him.
Once there, police found Laura Coggins with multiple stab wounds.
William Coggins was found with stab wounds to his torso and lacerations on his arm, which police say were self-inflicted. Two knives were recovered inside the home, police said.
Bail was set at $500,000 and the court has ordered a psychiatric evaluation as a condition of bail.
new jersey news, burlington county news, homicide, stabbing, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 5 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply