Please Touch Museum prepares for layoffs
PHILADELPHIA - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- The popular Please Touch Museum is slashing its payroll to help avoid what officials there call a financial crisis.
Museum officials announced Wednesday night that they will eliminate more than 9 staff positions and seek additional funding from both private and public sources.
The staff cuts are part of an effort to save some $400,000 this year.
The Museum's Board says the tough economy has hit cultural institutions particularly hard.
But, they say, the cuts will not impact museum operation.
please touch museum, children, philadelphia news, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 15 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 1 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 20 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
15 min ago