Marple Twp. man arrested for 'SWATting'
MARPLE TWP., Pa. - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Marple, Delaware County man is under arrest for a case of 'SWATting"- where SWAT teams respond to a hoax.
Police charged 22-year-old Michael Adams Jr. with faking an emergency call, claiming someone was being held hostage by someone with a bomb.
That led to the scene on September 16th along the 200 block of Carlton Drive.
It turns out no one was even inside the home.
Detectives say Adams was a neighbor.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, hoax, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 31 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 8 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos