Police: Mom on methadone, texting before West Whiteland crash
WEST WHITELAND TWP., Pa. - November 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in West Whiteland Township, Chester County say a mom was on methadone and texting while driving her two children in an SUV before a crash earlier this year.
Abigail Milbourne, 40, was charged following the crash on the Route 30 Bypass back on June 3rd.
Investigators say Milbourne's SUV hit a construction vehicle parked on the side of the road.
A 4-year-old in the SUV had to be rescued. A 6-year-old in the SUV was not injured.
Police say they were informed by witnesses that Milbourne appeared to be texting before the wreck.
Blood results indicate she also had a level of methadone in her system that made her unsafe to drive, according to police.
Milbourne is charged with Driving under the Influence, Endangering Welfare of Children, Prohibiting Text Based Communication and related traffic offenses.
Milbourne's preliminary hearing is set for next week.
pennsylvania news, accident, DUI, texting, local/state
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 18 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents 17 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living 16 min ago
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt 23 min ago
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery 19 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 11 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 9 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
13 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire...
18 min ago
- Rescuers airlift horse out of Angeles...
7 min ago