Police: Mom on methadone, texting before West Whiteland crash
WEST WHITELAND TWP., Pa. - November 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in West Whiteland Township, Chester County say a mom was on methadone and texting while driving her two children in an SUV before a crash earlier this year.
Abigail Milbourne, 40, was charged following the crash on the Route 30 Bypass back on June 3rd.
Investigators say Milbourne's SUV hit a construction vehicle parked on the side of the road.
A 4-year-old in the SUV had to be rescued. A 6-year-old in the SUV was not injured.
Police say they were informed by witnesses that Milbourne appeared to be texting before the wreck.
Blood results indicate she also had a level of methadone in her system that made her unsafe to drive, according to police.
Milbourne is charged with Driving under the Influence, Endangering Welfare of Children, Prohibiting Text Based Communication and related traffic offenses.
Milbourne's preliminary hearing is set for next week.
pennsylvania news, accident, DUI, texting, local/state
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 3 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 38 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!