Woman stuck in bleachers at Wilmington University
CHRISTIANA, Del. - November 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews freed a woman who became trapped in the bleachers inside a school gym in New Castle County.
It happened just after 9:00 p.m. Thursday inside the gym at Wilmington University on the 1300 block of Pulaski Highway.
Police say the victim somehow fell in a gap between the bleachers and a beam in the wall.
She was freed around 11:00 p.m. and transported to Christiana Hospital. The severity of her injuries has not been released.
delaware news, wilmington news, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police