9 students hurt in Wilmington school bus crash
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- An accident in Wilmington involving a school bus sent several children to the hospital with minor injuries.
It happened at 8:00 a.m. Friday at 4th and Lincoln Streets.
Police say a Nissan sedan, traveling north on Lincoln Street and driven by a 27-year-old man, struck the right rear section of the bus.
The bus, traveling east on 4th Street, was taking children to East Side Charter School.
Nine students, ages 9 to 14, were taken to A.I. duPont Hospital for Children to be evaluated for unspecified minor injuries.
East Side Charter School serves pre-K through 8th graders.
No charges have been filed. The accident remained under investigation.
delaware news, accident, school bus, wilmington news, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 10 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 57 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
52 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
57 min ago