Driver unhurt in violent crash on Blue Route in Radnor Township
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - November 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The driver of a pickup truck has walked away unhurt from a horrific crash on Blue Route.
It happened at 6:30 a.m. Friday on the northbound off-ramp from I-476 approaching the Schuylkill Expressway.
Police say the truck slammed into a light pole, tearing the vehicle in half.
Images from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed half of the crumpled truck lying next to the pole.
First responders rushed to the scene, and medics checked the driver. Miraculously, he survived unscathed.
Traffic was backed up for several miles as crews worked to clear the wreckage.
There was no immediate word what caused the driver to lose control.
pennsylvania news, accident, montgomery county news, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police