Mayor of Marcus Hook convicted on multiple charges
MARCUS HOOK, Pa. - November 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The mayor of Marcus Hook, Delaware County has been convicted of a slew of criminal charges.
A jury convicted James Schiliro on charges ranging from providing alcohol to a minor to false imprisonment.
All of the charges stem from a drunken encounter between Schiliro and a 20-year-old man back in February.
Prosecutors say the mayor gave the victim wine, asked him to perform a sex act, and became enraged when he refused.
Schiliro, a republican, had not planned to run for re-election.
pennsylvania news, guns, delaware county news, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 37 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 23 min ago
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst 37 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus 37 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off 37 min ago
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder 20 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry 36 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 37 min ago
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
37 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search...
37 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean...
36 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
17 min ago