Police investigate double shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - November 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight shooting in Southwest Philadelphia that sent two people to the hospital.
Police responded to reports of gunfire in the 5700 block of Springfield Avenue around 230 a.m.
Police say a 28-year-old man was found shot in the back. He was taken to the Mercy Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
A 24-year-old man was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with multiple gunshot wounds to the stomach. He is also listed in critical condition.
shooting, southwest philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 16 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 25 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 12 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 10 min ago
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 12 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!