Penn State student killed in fall from 9th floor balcony
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - November 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Penn State University student is dead after he fell from the ninth floor balcony of an off-campus apartment building.
State police said 20-year-old Conor Macmannis was pronounced dead at the scene early Saturday. The fall occurred at 3:43 a.m. at the Penn Towers building on Beaver Avenue.
Police say a preliminary investigation indicates drugs and alcohol apparently were factors in the fall.
Investigators are urging anyone with information about the incident to call or at least provide an anonymous tip.
fatal fall, students, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run