Bear sighting in Solebury Township, Bucks County
SOLEBURY TWP., Pa. - November 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Bucks County authorities are warning residents to be alert after a bear was spotted in Solebury Township.
It happened around 4:00 Saturday afternoon on the 6600 block of Laurel Road.
Officials say the bear was about six feet tall and knocked over a bird feeder.
Police urge that if anyone sees the bear to call them immediately.
Below are some safety tips:
- Never feed or approach a bear!
- Remain calm if you encounter a bear.
- Make the bear aware of your presence by speaking in an assertive voice, singing, clapping your hands, or making other noises.
- Make sure the bear has an escape route.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, animals, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 18 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 36 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ