Bear sighting in Solebury Township, Bucks County
SOLEBURY TWP., Pa. - November 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Bucks County authorities are warning residents to be alert after a bear was spotted in Solebury Township.
It happened around 4:00 Saturday afternoon on the 6600 block of Laurel Road.
Officials say the bear was about six feet tall and knocked over a bird feeder.
Police urge that if anyone sees the bear to call them immediately.
Below are some safety tips:
- Never feed or approach a bear!
- Remain calm if you encounter a bear.
- Make the bear aware of your presence by speaking in an assertive voice, singing, clapping your hands, or making other noises.
- Make sure the bear has an escape route.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, animals, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 48 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 11 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 40 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
11 min ago