Bear sighting in Solebury Township, Bucks County
SOLEBURY TWP., Pa. - November 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Bucks County authorities are warning residents to be alert after a bear was spotted in Solebury Township.
It happened around 4:00 Saturday afternoon on the 6600 block of Laurel Road.
Officials say the bear was about six feet tall and knocked over a bird feeder.
Police urge that if anyone sees the bear to call them immediately.
Below are some safety tips:
- Never feed or approach a bear!
- Remain calm if you encounter a bear.
- Make the bear aware of your presence by speaking in an assertive voice, singing, clapping your hands, or making other noises.
- Make sure the bear has an escape route.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, animals, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 17 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 42 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 34 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ