2nd suspect arrested in Whitpain Tavern robbery
BLUE BELL, Pa. - November 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- The second suspect in the robbery of a Montgomery County tavern is behind bars.
Police say surveillance pictures show Tyrice Griffin and Juan Carlos Garcia busting into the Whitpain Tavern.
They are accused of stealing a safe as well as cash, jewelry and cell phones from customers on November 4th.
Both men then made their way outside to the parking lot where they got into a patron's red Ford Mustang with keys stolen in the robbery, and took off north on Dekalb Pike in Blue Bell.
The mustang crashed into a wooded area on campus and the two men went running.
The manhunt sparked the brief closure of nearby Montgomery County Community College.
Griffin was arrested Saturday and charged with eight counts of robbery and related offenses.
Garcia was already in custody on unrelated narcotics charges.
robbery, montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos