Staffer hurt, 9 students in custody after Overbrook High School fight
OVERBROOK - November 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A staff member was injured and nine students were taken into custody after a fight at Overbrook High School on Monday.
Investigators say the fight started around 10:15 a.m. between two female students in a third-floor hallway and escalated as more students joined the fray.
Arriving officers quickly brought the situation under control, but not before that staffer and at least one student were injured
That staffer's injuries were described as 'minor.' The Action Cam was there as that woman was wheeled out of the school with leg lacerations.
The student suffered lacerations to the head.
A total of six male students and three female students were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
Officials say no weapons were involved in the fight.
The school was placed on lockdown, but officials say everyone inside is now safe.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed a number of police vehicles outside the school.
There was no word on what sparked the fight.
Meanwhile, Action News has learned there was a second fight at the school, this one in the cafeteria. There has been no word on any arrests in that fight.
philadelphia news, overbrook news, assault, fight, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 2 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 5 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 28 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
5 min ago