Shoplifter arrested after striking 2nd time in Egg Harbor Twp., police say
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - November 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- An Atlantic City man has been charged with shoplifting from the same Egg Harbor Township store twice in three days.
Shawn Higgins, 50, of Atlantic City is charged with 2 counts of shoplifting and drug offenses.
Police say Higgins stole items from the Boscov's department store in the Shore Mall in the Cardiff section of Egg Harbor Township on Tuesday and again on Friday of last week.
He was arrested Friday after alert officers recognized his car from a description given after Tuesday's theft.
Also arrested was 28-year-old Brittany Somers of Ocean City, who was in the car with Higgins.
Somers was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a hypodermic needle, possession of marijuana under 50 grams and conspiracy to commit shoplifting.
Higgins was being held at the Atlantic County Justice Facility. Somers was released and ordered to appear in court within the coming weeks.
new jersey news, theft, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police