Nifty Fifty's co-owner sentenced to 15 months
PHILADELPHIA - November 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- One of the owners of a popular local restaurant chain learned his sentence for a tax scheme Monday.
Robert Mattei of Del Ray Beach, Florida, who co-owns the Nifty Fifty's restaurants, will spend 15 months in prison for failing to pay millions of dollars in taxes.
Mattei is just one of five co-owners who pleaded guilty in connection with the fraud.
Prosecutors say they've been lying about their earnings since the restaurants opened back in 1986.
philadelphia news, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 11 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
7 min ago