All lanes of Route 202 open after crash in Tredyffrin Township
TREDYFFRIN TWP., Pa. - November 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- All lanes of Route 202 in Tredyffrin Township, Chester County have reopened after a multi-vehicle crash that sent at least four people to area hospitals.
The lanes were opened at 1:00 p.m. Tuesday after being shut down in both directions for more than four hours.
The crash happened at 8:46 a.m. in the area of Cedar Hollow Road.
Five vehicles were involved in the wreck, some of which broke through a temporary Jersey barrier separating the northbound and southbound sides.
Chopper 6 HD was over the scene shortly after the crash happened. A large commercial truck was seen lying on its side farther down the road, along with a station wagon with extensive damage to its roof and side.
There was no immediate word what caused the crash, which happened in section of Route 202 currently under construction.
Of the four people who were injured, three people were taken by ambulance to Paoli Hospital. They were expected to be treated and released.
A fourth person, who was airlifted to Reading Hospital, was listed in stable condition.
pennsylvania news, accident, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 17 min ago