All lanes of Route 202 open after crash in Tredyffrin Township
TREDYFFRIN TWP., Pa. - November 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- All lanes of Route 202 in Tredyffrin Township, Chester County have reopened after a multi-vehicle crash that sent at least four people to area hospitals.
The lanes were opened at 1:00 p.m. Tuesday after being shut down in both directions for more than four hours.
The crash happened at 8:46 a.m. in the area of Cedar Hollow Road.
Five vehicles were involved in the wreck, some of which broke through a temporary Jersey barrier separating the northbound and southbound sides.
Chopper 6 HD was over the scene shortly after the crash happened. A large commercial truck was seen lying on its side farther down the road, along with a station wagon with extensive damage to its roof and side.
There was no immediate word what caused the crash, which happened in section of Route 202 currently under construction.
Of the four people who were injured, three people were taken by ambulance to Paoli Hospital. They were expected to be treated and released.
A fourth person, who was airlifted to Reading Hospital, was listed in stable condition.
pennsylvania news, accident, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 39 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 58 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 51 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Building under demolition collapses in Old...
39 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
37 min ago