Archbishop Carroll H.S. student injured in fall from SUV
WAYNE, Pa. - November 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A student apparently fell out of a vehicle near Archbishop Carroll High School in Wayne, Delaware County Tuesday afternoon.
It was around 2:40 p.m. when Radnor police and paramedics were called out to Archbishop Carroll High School.
According to police, a 18-year-old senior at the high school attempted to jump onto the running boards of a moving SUV. The driver was spooked by the incident and hit the brakes, throwing the teen from the vehicle.
The 18-year-old fell to the pavement, hitting the back of his head on the ground. A medical helicopter was dispatched to the scene to take the teen to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He was treated and released on Tuesday night.
The student behind the wheel of the SUV is said to be fully cooperating with police.
At this point there are no charges.
A spokesperson for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia released the following statement Tuesday evening:
At approximately 2:30 p.m. today, a student from Archbishop Carroll High School was injured in an accident in the parking lot of the school.
At this point our understanding is that a student was thrown from the side runner board of a car and suffered a head injury. Radnor Police and first responders were called to the scene and the student was transported for treatment via medevac. The injured student's family has been informed. A communication regarding this incident will be sent to all school families today. The Office of Catholic Education will conduct a full, internal investigation of this incident.
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia joins with the entire Archbishop Carroll High School in praying for the injured student and their family.
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ