Arrest made in Malvern, Pa. homicide
MALVERN, Pa. - November 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in the killing of a man in Malvern, Pa.
The suspect was identified by the Chester County District Attorney's Office as 24-year-old Merritt Dudas.
Authorities say he is a long-time friend and neighbor of the victim, 21-year-old Drew Ferguson.
Ferguson's body was found in his apartment, which was in the upstairs of his grandparents' garage, at 222 Miner Street on Monday.
The DA's office said Ferguson was killed on Friday.
Investigators say the killing apparently stemmed from a dispute over drugs.
Furthermore, police say Dudas used a 380 handgun owned by his girlfriend's father to commit the crime.
Dudas was arraigned late Tuesday night in Exton, Chester County.
pennsylvania news, chester county news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids