Arrest made in Malvern, Pa. homicide
MALVERN, Pa. - November 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in the killing of a man in Malvern, Pa.
The suspect was identified by the Chester County District Attorney's Office as 24-year-old Merritt Dudas.
Authorities say he is a long-time friend and neighbor of the victim, 21-year-old Drew Ferguson.
Ferguson's body was found in his apartment, which was in the upstairs of his grandparents' garage, at 222 Miner Street on Monday.
The DA's office said Ferguson was killed on Friday.
Investigators say the killing apparently stemmed from a dispute over drugs.
Furthermore, police say Dudas used a 380 handgun owned by his girlfriend's father to commit the crime.
Dudas was arraigned late Tuesday night in Exton, Chester County.
pennsylvania news, chester county news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
37 min ago