False alarm after radioactive readings in trash bin
WARMINSTER, Pa. - November 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say there was nothing radioactive inside a trash bin at the center of a scare on Tuesday in Warminster, Pa.
It all began 10:45 a.m. at the Centennial Station apartment complex in the 400 block of Street Road.
Authorities say the trash crew picked up the radioactive readings while trying to haul the trash bin away.
However, hazmat teams responded and found there was nothing radioactive inside.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, radiation, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 58 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 39 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
39 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
58 min ago