On Video: Man with baby stroller sought in Hunting Park robbery
HUNTING PARK - November 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who tried to rob a Walgreens store in Hunting Park while pushing a baby stroller.
The robbery happened at 7:12 a.m. Monday at 4201 North Broad Street.
Police say an employee saw the man put several dental care items in a blue shopping bag and a remote-controlled helicopter inside the baby stroller.
When the man tried to leave the store without paying, police say he was stopped by store employees.
The man then struggled with the workers, police said. That struggle continued outside the store where the man allegedly pulled a knife.
The suspect then fled on foot.
He is described as a black male, about 40 years old, standing about six feet tall, weighing 180 pounds wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, gray knit cap and dark pants.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, hunting park news, robbery, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 27 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 44 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
39 min ago