On Video: Man with baby stroller sought in Hunting Park robbery
HUNTING PARK - November 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who tried to rob a Walgreens store in Hunting Park while pushing a baby stroller.
The robbery happened at 7:12 a.m. Monday at 4201 North Broad Street.
Police say an employee saw the man put several dental care items in a blue shopping bag and a remote-controlled helicopter inside the baby stroller.
When the man tried to leave the store without paying, police say he was stopped by store employees.
The man then struggled with the workers, police said. That struggle continued outside the store where the man allegedly pulled a knife.
The suspect then fled on foot.
He is described as a black male, about 40 years old, standing about six feet tall, weighing 180 pounds wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, gray knit cap and dark pants.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, hunting park news, robbery, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 47 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire