Carbon monoxide may have caused an Ocean Co. man's death
OCEAN COUNTY, N.J. - November 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say carbon monoxide may have caused the death of a man in Stafford, New Jersey early Wednesday morning.
Police were called around 1:42 a.m. to the 300 block of Privateer Road. They arrived to find a 42-year-old man in the hallway of the house.
Also inside the house was his female roommate and her son who were not injured.
Police say they smelled a strong odor and found a kerosene heater nearby.
The heater had been donated by a Philadelphia church earlier in the day, officials say.
According to police, the man had other health issues. They are waiting on an autopsy report to determine if carbon monoxide was the primary cause.
carbon monoxide, ocean county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 25 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ