Shopping cart burglar wheels stolen TV down Roosevelt Boulevard
RHAWNHURST - November 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for a bold burglar caught on camera stealing a flat-screen TV and rolling it down Roosevelt Boulevard in a shopping cart.
It happened the night of November 5th at the Prism Career Institute in the 8000 block of the boulevard in Rhawnhurst.
Police arrived to find the front door forced open.
Surveillance video shows the suspect walking into the building, leaving, then returning with a shopping cart. He steals a flat-screen television set, loads it into the cart and leaves.
Cameras caught the man and an apparent accomplice rolling the cart down the sidewalk along Roosevelt Boulevard.
Police say the man later returned and stole more items from the building.
Investigators are looking for a white male, 35-40 years old, 5'6"-5'9" with a medium build. He was wearing a black Eagles baseball cap, jeans and a dark colored hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, burglary, caught on camera, northeast philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 31 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids