Reading, Pa. mom denies trying to sell her baby for $300
READING, Pa. - November 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Reading, Pennsylvania woman is denying claims that she tried to sell her own baby for $300.
Police say Jessica Alberta approached a neighbor in September, and asked if she was willing to buy the child.
The neighbor declined and called social services to report the incident.
According to WFMZ-TV, however, Alberta says she did nothing wrong.
She claims her neighbor is actually the one who proposed the sale.
"She tried to get custody of my daughter because I was sprung out on crack, and she tried to ask me if I wanted to give her my daughter for $300. I told her no," Alberta said.
Police say Alberta also threatened to stab her neighbor during an argument over the incident.
pennsylvania news, children, reading news, berks county news, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 42 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 54 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos