Man dies after Wilmington hit-and-run; minivan found
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say they found the minivan involved in a hit-and-run on the same day that the pedestrian struck by the vehicle died of his injuries.
Fifty-nine-year-old Patrick Dempsey was struck on the morning of Nov. 14.
Police say he tried to cross a street into oncoming traffic and was hit by a car.
Then the minivan hit him as he fell to the ground, and the driver did not stop. Dempsey was hospitalized, and police say he died of his injuries on Thursday evening.
Meanwhile, police said they found the minivan at the intersection of 4th and Washington streets, less than a mile from the site of the collision, on Thursday afternoon.
No arrests have been made.
delaware news, wilmington news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 47 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 59 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
59 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos