2 treated for carbon monoxide in West Oak Lane
PHILADELPHIA - November 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people were overcome by carbon monoxide in Philadelphia's West Oak Lane section.
The victims, a man and woman, were sickened in a home on the 1500 block of Conlyn Street just before 11:30 p.m.
Fire crews quickly determined significantly high readings of carbon monoxide and began ventilating the property.
The man and woman were treated at the scene, one of the was taken to Einstein Medical Center for further treatment.
Officials checked out two neighboring homes as a precaution.
The incident was declared under control around 12:30 a.m.
There is no word on the origin of the fumes.
The incident remains under investigation.
carbon monoxide, west oak lane news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 27 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos