UPDATE: Car in fatal Northeast Philadelphia crash was stolen
PHILADELPHIA - November 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an accident that left a man dead in Northeast Philadelphia Saturday morning.
Police say a car struck a U-Haul truck at the intersection of Summerdale and Princeton just before 9:00 a.m. The driver of the car, a man in his 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Just after 5 p.m., Philadephia police announced that the car involved in the crash had been stolen. The owner of the car had reported it stolen at about 9:45 a.m. Saturday after she woke up and saw that it was missing. She told investigators she did not give anyone permission to use her car, and that she did not know the driver who was killed in the crash.
The name of the driver who was killed has not yet been released by police.
The 34-year-old driver of the truck was transported to Einstein Medical Center with injuries to his head, neck and back. He is listed in stable condition.
accident, northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 51 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 46 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
41 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
46 min ago