Threat charge for brother of suspect in baby's death
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - Novembe 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- The brother of a man charged with killing his girlfriend's baby is now charged with threatening the lead investigator at a suburban Philadelphia courthouse.
Thirty-year-old Ummad Rushdi of York is charged with kidnapping seven-month-old Hamza Ali from an Upper Darby home, and later killing him. The body has never been found. Police say Rushdi claims the baby was killed accidentally.
Officials say Rushdi's brother, 33-year-old Jawwad Rushdi, allegedly threatened an investigator at the courthouse Wednesday, along with a domestic violence victim who tried to calm him down.
The police affidavit says Jawwad Rushdi accused police of harassing his family.
He is charged with disorderly conduct and two threat counts, with bail set at $50,000 pending a Nov. 25 hearing.
It is not immediately clear if he has a lawyer.
baby death, kidnapping, media news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 58 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 15 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Saving with 6abc: Bridal savings 7 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 24 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 27 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
27 min ago