Driver dead in Broad Street crash
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - November 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a deadly crash in South Philadelphia.
The single vehicle crash occurred around 5:45 a.m. Sunday on Broad Street and Oregon Avenue.
Police say the driver of an older model Cadillac SUV traveling eastbound on Oregon Avenue went to make a turn onto Broad Street when the vehicle struck a concrete median.
The driver lost control of the Cadillac and was ejected from the SUV.
Police say the vehicle continued to travel and struck SEPTA's Broad Street Line station building.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other injuries were reported.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, accident, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 51 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 56 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
51 min ago
- Milder Monday
54 min ago