Fire destroys popular Cape May County diner
RIO GRANDE, N.J. - November 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire destroyed a popular diner in Rio Grande, New Jersey late Sunday night.Fire officials say at about 11:00 p.m. Sunday a passing motorist saw flames shooting through the roof of the Four Seasons Diner on Route 9 and called 911.
Firefighters arrived to find the diner engulfed in flames. The roof collapsed shortly after they got to the scene.
It took them several hours to get the situation under control. They remained on the scene after dawn putting out hot spots.
Regular customers said they could not believe their meeting place for coffee and breakfast is no more.
"It's upsetting because I always used to come here with my friends. We used to always eat breakfast, we used to come here for dinner. Sad to see it go," said Ashley Camburn.
The owner lived in an apartment above the diner, but was not home at the time of the fire.
There were no reports of injuries.
Investigators tell Action News the building is a total loss.
fire, cape may county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 16 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 11 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 27 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos