Halloween mask bandits rob Wawa store 4 times
OXFORD CIRCLE - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police investigators are asking for the public's help in identifying the suspects who robbed a Wawa multiple times in the city's Oxford Circle section.
All four robberies occurred around the same time in the early morning hours at the Wawa store located at 6460 Bustleton Avenue.
The first incident happened at 3:45 a.m. on October 1st when two males armed with handguns entered the store and demanded money.
One of the suspects, who was wearing a skull mask, went behind the counter demanding the employee to open all the cash registers while the second suspect stood in front of the counter. After taking an undetermined amount of money both suspect fled the store.
In this case the first suspect is described as standing 5'8" to 5'9" with race unknown. He was wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, khakis, Timberland boots, gloves and skull mask. The second suspect is described as a black male, 5'5" to 5'6", wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, dark shoes, gloves and a blue scarf covering his face.
Then at 3:25 a.m. on November 4th, a male wearing a skull mask entered the store and pointed a handgun at an employee demanding money. The suspect gave the employee a black backpack to place the money in before fleeing the store with the cash.
A few weeks later on November 21st the store was robbed again. It was 3:27 a.m. when a masked man entered the store armed with a handgun and confronted an employee behind the deli counter. The suspect was given money and fled the store.
The latest incident happened at 3:24 a.m. this morning. A man wearing a "Scream" Halloween mask entered the store, pointed a handgun at employees and demanded cash. He again was given money and fled the store.
Police described the suspect in this instance as a black male, 20 to 30 years of age, standing 6'0" to 6'2", 180 pounds, thin build, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, and carrying a tan duffel bag.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
Wawa said it was offering a $5,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of those responsible.
robbery, wawa, northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 17 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
17 min ago