Firefly Music Festival adds extra day in 2014
DOVER, Del. - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Firefly Music Festival is expanding to four days and five nights next year.
Organizers say they hope the change will ease traffic jams that plagued fans and commuters in June.
The third festival will be held June 19 through June 22 at The Woodlands around Dover International Speedway. Chicago-based Red Frog Events, the festival's organizers, announced Monday that early-bird campers will be allowed to enter on Wednesday night for the first time.
The festival is expected to feature about 100 performers, but the schedule has not yet been announced. Tickets are already on sale.
About 65,000 fans attended this year's festival, twice the turnout of last year's inaugural event. Several acres of trees have been cleared from the festival grounds to make room to host up to 85,000 people.
delaware news, music, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
18 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
5 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
2 min ago