Firefly Music Festival adds extra day in 2014
DOVER, Del. - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Firefly Music Festival is expanding to four days and five nights next year.
Organizers say they hope the change will ease traffic jams that plagued fans and commuters in June.
The third festival will be held June 19 through June 22 at The Woodlands around Dover International Speedway. Chicago-based Red Frog Events, the festival's organizers, announced Monday that early-bird campers will be allowed to enter on Wednesday night for the first time.
The festival is expected to feature about 100 performers, but the schedule has not yet been announced. Tickets are already on sale.
About 65,000 fans attended this year's festival, twice the turnout of last year's inaugural event. Several acres of trees have been cleared from the festival grounds to make room to host up to 85,000 people.
delaware news, music, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 33 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 50 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 2 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
45 min ago