Firefly Music Festival adds extra day in 2014
DOVER, Del. - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Firefly Music Festival is expanding to four days and five nights next year.
Organizers say they hope the change will ease traffic jams that plagued fans and commuters in June.
The third festival will be held June 19 through June 22 at The Woodlands around Dover International Speedway. Chicago-based Red Frog Events, the festival's organizers, announced Monday that early-bird campers will be allowed to enter on Wednesday night for the first time.
The festival is expected to feature about 100 performers, but the schedule has not yet been announced. Tickets are already on sale.
About 65,000 fans attended this year's festival, twice the turnout of last year's inaugural event. Several acres of trees have been cleared from the festival grounds to make room to host up to 85,000 people.
delaware news, music, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 8 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 13 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 10 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 2 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 59 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 58 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 49 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
10 min ago