Police arrest 2 men for attempting to rob Salvation Army ringer
SPRING TWP., Pa. - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have charged two people with trying to rob a Salvation Army bell ringer and a convenience store within minutes of each other in Berks County Tuesday.
Police say 58-year-old William Brannen and another man threatened to take the bell ringer's bucket outside of Redner's Quick Shoppe on the 2200 block of Reading Avenue in Spring Township.
When they were unsuccessful, Brannen allegedly walked into the store and demanded money from the cashier, who also refused.
Police were called and Brennan was immediately arrested.
His alleged accomplice was arrested a short time later.
robbery, berks county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 26 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 36 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 43 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
36 min ago